"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."
Exercise is such an important aspect of living a healthy life. Studies have shown a very strong correlation between regular exercise and good mental and physical health. So if exercise is so important, and most people know it is vital to good health, why not exercise regularly? Not everyone has the motivation to exercise daily, or perhaps they have the motivation to begin and not the dedication to stay consistent. Everyone is motivated differently, and what works for one person may not work for another, so it is important to be able to spark the motivation flame in more than one way. Motivation is the hard part, once the mental barrier has been broken, consistency will follow and exercise will be easy. Since consistency is a key element in having a successful exercise regimen, this site will provide a few techniques that help motivate and excite people about exercise and help them to stay consistent.
Tips for Staying Motivated Internally:
1. Have a buddy system. Someone who has the same desires as you do. Remember those who train together stay together.
2. Have short-term goals, intermediate goals, and long-term goals. Make them for weeks and months. Nothing too short so you do not lose confidence or drive.
3. Before you give up remember who is watching you. Those around you such as children like to imitate adults. We want to be role models and help push them for a healthy lifestyle.
4. Start to eat healthy. Not only will you feel better but it will clear your skin and moisturize it, making you more confident in yourself.
5. Take before and after pictures. We want to witness the fitness so to speak. Once we see a change, others around us have already noticed. But once you see it for yourself your confidence and drive will power you forward.
Tips for Staying Consistent:
1. Have a schedule written up on what exercises to do daily. Studies have shown that when something is written down, you tend to remember it better and stick to it.
2. If possible exercise in the mornings. As the day progresses, you'll find excuses to keep exercising.
3. Set designated times and days for yourself. It always helps to have a schedule.
4. Focus on all of the amazing benefits of exercise; better health and a better self-image.
"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."