Health Benefits of Physical Activity
1. Reduce Risk of Heart Disease—Cardiovascular Disease [CVD]: any disease of the heart & blood vessels
2. Reduce Risk of Diabetes—A metabolic disorder characterized by high blood glucose levels chronic elevation of blood glucose is associated with increased incidence of heart disease, kidney disease, nerve dysfunction, & eye damage
3. Increased Bone Mass—This prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the lost of bone mass & strength
4. Easier Aging—Exercise can reduce the rate of physical working decline rate.
5. Increased Longevity—lower risk of both heart attack & cancer.
6. Improved Psychological Well-Being—reduce risk for anxiety disorders & depressions
Balance Exercise (2015, March 24). In American Heart Association. Retrieved April 24, http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/PhysicalActivity/FitnessBasics
Powers, S. K., Dodd, S. L., Jackson, E. M., & Miller, M. K. (2009). Total fitness & wellness, San Francisco: Person/Benjamin Cummings.
Webster, M. Definition of Balance. In Balance. Retrieved April 24, 2016, from